Category: Maki roll
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Rolling time: 5 minutes
Yield: 8 rolls
Cost: $ 6.99
• 2 oz. Salmon, smoked
• 1 Avocado, thick slices
• 4 Imitation Crab or Crab Mix (Kani)
• 4 cups sushi Rice
• 6 Nori (Toasted seaweed)
• ½ cup mayonnaise
• 2 tablespoons sriracha hot sauce
• 1 tablespoon crunch (Fried batter)
• ½ teaspoon masago smelt roe
1. Mix all the sauce ingredients together.
2. Peel an avocado and cut in half, remove the pit, then continue cutting the halves into quarters then into strips.
3. Prepare your imitation crab by breaking the flakes apart. If the imitation crab is in strips then rip one apart in half-length wise.
1. Put a full sheet of dried seaweed (nori) on top of the mat, shiny side up.
2. Softly grab a softball sized ball of prepared sushi rice. Lightly place the ball to the left side of the nori and carefully spread the rice evenly from end to end covering the entire sheet.
3. Leave a thin band of non-covered nori at the top. At the edge closest to you place a line of avocado, smoked salmon, and then crab lengthwise onto the seaweed with no more than ¼ of the nori covered. Place your thumbs under the bamboo mat with remaining fingers on top of the ingredients.
4. Lift your thumbs up with the mat and roll it forward with remaining fingers lightly holding the ingredients in place until the mat end touches the nori.
5. Top the roll with the sauce and press lightly then cut the sushi roll into 8 pieces.