Category: Rice ingredient
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 cups
Cost: $ 2.99
• 6 sheets nori
• 4 cups cooked sushi rice
• ¾ Lb. medium shrimp, poached and halved
• 1 ½ medium avocados, sliced into thick slices
• 6 green onion tops, each about (7 inches Batonnets)
• 1 cucumber, peeled, halved (7 inches Batonnets)
1. Cut off top quarter of each nori sheet along short end.
2. Place one sheet of nori with the shiny side down on a sushi mat, horizontally.
3. Moisten your hands and mold ¾ cup rice in a tube like line over nori, leaving a 1-inch border on one long end of the sheet.
4. Place ¼ cup shrimp, 2 slices avocado, 1 green onion top, and 2 cucumber strips along top third of the rice-covered nori sheet.
5. Lift the edge of the nori closest to you and fold it over the filling.
6. Lift the bottom edge of the sushi mat and begin to roll toward the top edge and press firmly.
7. Continue rolling to the top edge and press the mat at the top to seal the roll.
8. Slice each roll into 8 pieces and serve.