Category: Maki roll
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Rolling time: 5 minutes
Yield: 4 rolls
Cost: $ 9.99
• 2 cups seasoned sushi rice
• 3 oz. julienne cucumber
• 4 shrimp tempura
• ½ cup Imitation Crab Mixture
• 2 pieces Nori seaweed paper
• 4 oz. avocado
• 6 oz. thinly sliced yellow fin tuna
• 6 oz. thinly sliced salmon
• 6 oz. ebi shrimp
• 6 oz. barbecue eel
• 2 cups Unagi sauce (Recipe below)
• 4 oz. Imitation crab mixture (recipe below)
• 4 oz. sake
• 4 oz. mirin
• 1 oz. sugar
• 1 oz. water
• ½ oz. soy sauce
1. Combine all ingredients in a sauté pan and boil then allow cooling.
• 4 oz. shredded imitation crab
• ½ cup mayonnaise
• 2 tbsp. lemon juice
• 3 tbsp. powdered sugar
1. Mix all ingredients together in a mixing bowl and season to taste.
1. Place a sheet of nori on a bamboo sushi roller.
2. Spread half the rice mixture onto the nori seaweed sheet making one thin even layer all the way from one end to ¾ of the way up the other side leaving the last ¼ of the sheet bare.
3. Flip the roll over on the bamboo roller so the rice is now touching the roller and have the bare section facing your body.
4. Place half of the imitation crab mixture, avocado, cucumber and shrimp in the center of the nori sheet making sure that they stretch evenly from one end to the other in a line that is parallel to your body.
5. Maintain this grip and gently roll the rice away from yourself.
1. Once you have the rice in a roll press firmly along edges to seal the roll in place.
2. Place the slices of fish in an alternating pattern on top of the rice and cut the roll into 8 even pieces.
3. The easiest way to achieve this is to cut the roll first in half and then each half in half and so on until you have 8 pieces.