Cuisine: Chinese Peruvian
Category: Chinese savory Dim sum
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Steaming time: 5 minutes
Yield: 32 balls
Cost: $ 12.99
• 125 g Wheat starch
• ½ cup boiling water
• 1 tablespoon cornflour
• 1 teaspoon lard
• ½ egg white
• 300g Shelled shrimps
• 30g bamboo shoots
• ½teaspoon salt
• ¼ teaspoon pepper
• ½ teaspoon sesame oil
• ½ teaspoon sugar
• 1 teaspoon cornflour
1. Sift the wheat starch and cornflour into mixing bowl, pour in the boiling water and stir vigorously into a paste.
2. Remove on to a table and allow to stand for 1 minute, then add the lard and knead into a soft dough.
3. Roll into a long strip and cut into 32 equal portions
1. Dice the shrimps then shred the bamboo shoots finely and place filling ingredients into a bowl.
2. Add the egg white, salt, sugar and pepper and mix well then add the cornflour and pound the mixture until firm.
3. Keep in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
1. Roll each portion of dough into a small round.
2. Place the filling on the round and wrap up with 6 pleats on each side, forming a dumpling.
1. Arrange the Har gao in a greased steamer then steam over medium heat for 5 minutes.
2. Remove and serve hot.