Cuisine: Traditional Venezuelan
Time: 30 min
• 1 Chicken
• ½ red onion
• ½ clove garlic
• 1 lemon
• 1 cup lemon mayonnaise
• ¼ cup corn oil
• 2 ripe avocados
• Salt and pepper
1. Place chicken, onion and leek in a pot, add water to cover completely.
2. Cook until soft. Remove chicken and shred.
3. Blend the garlic, oil, avocado, salt and pepper, then mix with mayonnaise and chicken.
4. Mix with lemon juice and serve as a filling for arepas.
• 2 cups corn flour
• 2-1/2 cups water
• 1 tsp salt.
1. Mix everything together into a smooth dough. You could preferible start with water, slowly adding flour. Form small balls and press flat with the hands before frying, grilling or baking.
2. The traditional way of making arepas requires 1-minute grilling or toasting on each side, then baking the arepas in the oven at 400 degrees for about 15-30 minutes.