Category: Thai Dessert
Preparation Time: 25 min
Cooking time: 35 min
Thai Coconut Mango Ice Cream Sorbet
• 3 cups of coconut milk
• 2 Mangos peeled and diced
• 1 cinnamon stick
• 1 vanilla pod, peeled
• 1/16 nutmeg
• ½ cup of sugar
• ¾ cup of water
1. In a pot, combine the sugar and the water, and bring to a boil. Stir the solution until the sugar has dissolved and then turn off the heat.
2. Incorporate the dry ingredients and let the sugar water cool, and when at room temperature, mix about ¾ of the syrup with the coconut milk.
3. Blend the coconut syrup with the mango and process the mixture in your ice cream maker overnight.
Coconut Sticky rice Pudding
• 1/2 cup basmati rice (Jasmine rice)
• 1 (14 oz) can coconut milk
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 2 mangos, sliced
1. Cook rice according to package directions, but substitute coconut milk for half of the water, and add half the sugar.
1. In a medium saucepan, boil the rest of the coconut milk with the second half of the sugar.
2. Keep this at a full boil until the rice is cooked, or until it reaches a thick, syrupy consistency.
1. Arrange the cooked coconut rice in a bowl or plate with the mango slices with the sauce.
2. Prepare the sorbets forms with 2 tablespoons and serve on the side.