Category: Main Course
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Cost: $ 22.75
• 4 cups Fish broth
• ½ white onion, brunoised
• 1 medium onion, minced
• 3 garlic cloves
• ½ tsp. of saffron
• 2 tsp. Spanish pimentón (smoked paprika)
• 1½ pounds ripe tomatoes, cored and cut into thick wedges
• ½ lb. Sea Bass fillets
• 30 clams
• 1 tablespoon tomato paste
• ½ tsp. Salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 2 bay leaves, crumbled
• ½ cup dry white wine
• 3 tbsp. oil
• ¼ cup extra virgin olive 4 scallions, chopped
• 2 ½ cups Spanish Short Grain white Rice
• Fresh Lemon Wedges
• 1 cup fresh chopped parsley
1. In a cooking pan add broth with the saffron, pimentón and whole onion. Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
2. Remove onion and measure broth (4 cups)
1. Preheat oven to 420ºF.
2. Put tomatoes in a medium bowl, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and drizzle them with 1 tbsp. olive oil.
3. Quarter Fish fillets and season well.
1. In a metal Paella pan, with about a 15 inch base, heat the oil; add Fish fillets pieces and sauté over high heat until golden. Remove aside.
2. In the same Paella pan add the onion, scallions, garlic, and pimentos and sauté until the onion is wilted.
3. Stir in tomato paste, saffron, and paprika and cook for 1 minute more.
4. Add rice to the pan and stir to coat it well with the oil. Sprinkle in the chopped parsley and the crumbled bay leaves. Stir in hot broth and the wine, season and check the flavor.
5. Bring to a boil and cook uncovered without stirring, over medium high heat about 10 minutes.
6. Add Fish, clams and mussels, pushing them into the rice, with the edge that will open facing up. Put tomato wedges on top of rice and drizzle with juices that accumulated in bowl.
1. Put pan in oven and roast, undisturbed, for 15 minutes.
2. When rice is ready, remove from the oven and let sit on top of the stove, lightly covered with foil, for about 10 minutes.
1. Serve, decorate with lemon wedges and chopped parsley.
1. Check to see if rice is dry and just tender. If not, return pan to oven for another 5 minutes.
2. If the rice looks too dry but still is not quite done, add a small amount of stock.