Preparation time: 20 minutes
Baking time: 90 minutes
Cost: $ 14.75
Kitchen Special Tools:
• 6 (8oz.) individual Ramekins
• 1 zester
• 1 whisker
• 1 set Measure spoons
• 2 pounds ricotta cheese (32 oz.)
• ¾ cup white sugar
• 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
• 6 eggs
• ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
• 2 teaspoons orange zest
• ¼ cup golden raisins
• 2 teaspoons vanilla
• 1/8 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 300ºF.
2. Butter and flour the ramekins and tap out excess flour.
3. Place the ricotta in a large mixing bowl, and stir it as smooth as possible with a rubber spatula.
4. Stir the sugar and flour together thoroughly into the ricotta. Stir in the eggs 1 at a time.
5. Blend in vanilla, cinnamon, orange zest, raisins and salt. Pour batter into the ramekin individually.
6. Bake in the center of the oven for about 75 – 90 minutes, until a light golden color.
1. Make sure the center is firm, and the point of a sharp knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Rest and Cool on a wire rack. It will sink slightly as it cools.
2. Cover, and chill till serving time.
Zabaglione Ice Cream
• 1 cup whole milk
• ⅔ cup sugar
• 1 pinch of salt
• 1 lemon, preferably unsprayed
• 1½ cups heavy cream
• 6 large egg yolks
• ½ cup dry Marsala wine
1. Warm the milk, sugar, and salt in a medium saucepan. Zest half of the lemon directly into the warm milk. Pour the cream into a large bowl and set a mesh strainer on top.
2. In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the egg yolks. Slowly pour the warm lemon-infused milk into the egg yolks, whisking constantly, then scrape the warmed egg yolks back into the saucepan.
3. Stir the mixture constantly over medium heat with a heatproof spatula, scraping the bottom as you stir, until the mixture thickens and coats the spatula.
4. Pour the custard through the strainer and stir it into the cream. Add the Marsala and stir until cool over an ice bath.
5. Chill the mixture thoroughly in the refrigerator, then freeze it in your ice-cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
1. Pair this gelato with a berry coulis, or spoon lots of sugared strawberries into a wine goblet and top with a scoop of the ice cream
1. Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar, berries and top with ice cream sorbet.